Friday, August 7, 2009

First pics of Gambell





Here are some pictures of my first few days in Gambell. So far, my thighs are killing me from walking, but it sure is a good workout!


This is the view form my backyard. I have no idea why there is some grass just here, but this is the only place there is any grass at all in the village. That is the Bering Sea and you are looking at tomorrow.



Here is the Post Office. It is a blue trailer, but is completely redone on the inside - VERY nice!


This is the National Guard in case you want to join up :)









This is the view as I walk to school. Straight ahead is the mountain and way off to the right is the lake.





This is my apartment complex. There are 4 different apartments in this building.



Solar Panels! Savouga even has windmills. If St Lawrence Island can figure it out, what is wrong with the Cape!!


This is the school:



More pictures to come soon....

No comments: