Monday, July 21, 2008

A Few More Days...

So, I have only a few more days until my adventure to the Great North really begins...A few people have suggested that I write a blog while I am living/teaching/surviving in Alaska. I figure this is a good way to communicate to the people I care about, and I even get to share some pictures too!

I am really surprised that I am not at all nervous. Instead, I am really looking forward to to starting over on my terms. I have never felt so in control in my whole life, and it is an incredible feeling!!

I must admit I am a bit apprehensive about the journey there - I really hope Puffin will be ok (and by that I mean well behaved). It will take us about a day and a half to finally get there and I NOT looking forward to flying on a 5 person propeller plane, but that too will be an adventure.

So, I guess I am just really ready for this whole adventure to begin!

More to come soon and pictures too!

:)

2 comments:

Fraske Designs said...

hooray! i just subscribed to your blog so i will have up to the minute info!!! :)

betsy said...

liz, i just mapquested "Chief Ivan Blunka School, New Stuyahok, AK 99636. You weren't kidding about there being no roads. The map shows a lot of white with a little flag on it for your village. I then typed in my home address as a starting location to get driving directions. I got an error message. Darn.
oxoxox
besty