Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SPRING!!!

Well, it is April 22 today and I think it is finally spring! Today it is 50 degrees out - practically a heat wave. I have traded my winter boots for spring ones and my Carhart Coat for a lighter Land's End one.

Unfortunately, the rain is starting to move in so the snow will be gone soon and the mud and puddles are already coming up strong. The puddles are crazy there are about two inches of mud, but underneath that is a sheet of ice so if you slip you not only land on ice, but also in a very cold mud puddle. Luckily, Puffin is a little girl and HATES the cold puddles so she isn't getting too dirty, but she does get to run around outside a lot.

The sun is starting to stick around a lot longer. It starts rising at about 6:30 now and doesn't set until about 10. Even at 11:30, it is still just dusk outside so getting to sleep is getting more difficult, but it is really nice to leave school at 7 and still be able to go out walking with Puffin.

Another great part of spring is that there are a lot more Eagles out flying around. :)

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Liz,

It's been great reading about your experiences! I hope that when you return to Massachusetts you will come to Emmanuel to talk about this big adventure. I also hope I will get to see you on your next visit to MA.

Jeanne