Sunday, November 30, 2008

21 Below

Yes - the title means exactly what you think it should...it is NEGITIVE 21 DEGREES here!! It's a little crazy, but honestly I would not have known it was that cold just by feeling it on my skin. I have not gone out much today, but the walk over to school (all 40 feet) was not too bad. I only have a sweatshirt and gloves on - I am sure that doesn't shock anyone! Usually, I am getting teased because I always have snow pants and long underwear on. It must be cold though because Puffin feet were too cold so I carried her most of the way.

So, I went to another village for Thanksgiving - Manacottic (KMO). I have a bunch of friends that I met at in-service (orientation) live there so I went there for thanksgiving. It is closer to Dillingham, only a 10-minute flight. So, I flew from New Stu to Dillingham (about an hour) and then from Dillingham to KMO.


Here are some pics of KMO -



This is my friend Whitney, who I stayed with while I was there. We are walking through the village to the post office -

Here are some pics of Thanksgiving there -


Don't you love the Birthday Turkey Cake -






So I found a house for my Aunt Gracie, it is just a nice as the one we found in Bermuda!!

No comments: