Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Juneau

On Sunday, I left for a conference in Juneau.  This is the Capital of the state, but it is only the 3rd largest city in Alaska with a population of only about 30,000.  They have a bus system here though - well it is only two routes.    I took my taxi driver's suggestion and road the bus around to see the sights.  It felt great to back on a bus (now that is something I never thought I would say). Juneau is one of the most beautiful places I have ever been, but boy is it expensive.  I got my eyebrows done it cost $17 - I was SHOCKED!  

This is downtown:
Here is the mountain right on the side of the road.  The whole town is surrounded by mountains.


This is the island, Douglas, next to Juneau.  It is about 35 miles long.  
These are some people walking across some frozen water.
Here is the sun setting over the mountains.

I saw the most amazing thing - an Eagle flew right over me and landed on a tree right in front of me!!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lol, are you sure it's not a hawk!

Alaska or Bust said...

or a whale!?!?!